Our area of activities- Environmental Activism
- Arranging workshops on environmental awareness and environmental law in cooperation with CPR Environmental Education Centre, Chennai (more than 800 to date).
- Arranging rallies, tree planting and other activities to promote environmental awareness.
- A book “Has the Environmental Bomb Exploded?” has been published both in Kannada & English and environmental issues are also covered in “Grahaka Patrike” and annual magazine.
- Closed Chamundi Lead Refinery, Hebbal, for polluting the environment with lead dust.
- Got Vikrant Tyres Plant to construct a new chimney to reduce effects of pollution.
- Conducted air and noise pollution surveys in Mysore with help from CPREEC, Chennai.
- Participation in various environmental public hearings.
- Participated in the successful campaign to protect Lingambudhi tank from the proposed Outer Ring Road.
- Won a case in High Court to limit pollution by Vikrant Radial Tyres Plant.
- Won a case in High Court to prevent sewage pollution in Kukkarahalli Tank and to clean up the tank.
- By filing a PIL against the construction of library in People’s Park, MGP successfully preserved it.